Running a business is like like running a trail. It sounds so simple: just one foot in front of the other. But as you spend hours apron hours chasing mile markers, you discover that simple is not easy. Check out my article in Elephant Journal with the 6 key lessons I learned from running and how I applied them to my business.
Being on the forefront of new marketing trends online, can equal hundreds, thousands and even millions of dollars in revenue for your business. Here are 3 of the top trends for 2018.
1. Bots. According Entrepreneur, AI will be utilized more and more to better serve website visitors, connect on social media, and liven chat experiences.
2. Voice. Radio is finding its next life, says Gary Vaynercuk. With apps like Anchor and podcasts, traveling with consumers on their commutes, walks and daily tasks, products like Alexa are a glimmer of what's to come.
3. Customization. Consumers are tired of the one-size-fits-all solutions. They want connection, personalized service, and the relationship that comes with what they buy.
4. Expectations Increase. All the bells and whistles aren't enough. Customers want more from businesses. They want new. They want innovation.
5. Personal Touch. Because consumers are being doused with email-marketing, ads in their ears, robots holding conversations with them via live chat and social media, the ability to have and maintain a personal connection, has always been a winning strategy but even more so in the year ahead.
What you will notice in the year ahead that you will have to invest more money on Facebook to be half as effective as you have been in the past. You message MUST be clear and easy to understand in the precious 3 seconds you have to grab attention. And you must be willing to go where the audience is now (Facebook, Instagram, etc), but also try new emerging platforms and ideas to capture market share and keep it in the year ahead.
If you'd like help with any of these trends or others, send an email to email@example.com to schedule your consultation and create your marketing and media plan for 2018.